Marshall Art Studio:

Web Development + Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Comic Book Art

Skip to Content

Marshall Art Studio: Illustration Friday

[Back to top]

Illustration Friday

illustration

In addition to creating new art, I also decided to adhere to the following self-imposed criteria:

• Place the scene in the Central Square neighborhood of Cambridge MA
  • Not use cartooning's "motion lines"
  • Teach myself to use Corel Painter's watercolor tools
  • Refer to last week's "ghost" theme (I feel guilty for repurposing)
  • Get it done over the weekend

Now that it's finished, I think my color needs more planning and sophistication. Here's to getting more practice!

Comments So Far ...

Blogger claudine hellmuth says:

great illo! Permanent Link

Blogger Michelle Lana says:

Very cool....great detail! Permanent Link

Blogger Alina Chau says:

Great wind piece! Permanent Link

Blogger studio lolo says:

My husband asked if anyone used Casper yet...way cool illo!!! Permanent Link

Blogger Suzan says:

Now that is windy! Great job! It looks fabulous. Permanent Link

Blogger steve says:

Wow--this is awesome! Great work Dave. Permanent Link

Blogger potatomamma says:

Hey Dave! That's very powerful, you have great work!
Cute ghost by the building, wonder if he's responsible for that wind? ;-) Permanent Link

Anonymous Anonymous says:

margin-left:auto;

My web blog finchmarkets avis Permanent Link

What the Heck is Illustration Friday?

Think of it as a voluntary, client-free playground for illustrators. A topic is posted every Friday morning. Participants from around the world create, post and share their interpretations.

No Client? Why Bother?

At this stage of my career, I need a weekly public exercise to draw anything at all.

Freshness Dating

Unless otherwise stated, my iFriday work is all-new, created soley for that week's theme. Other Freshness categories include:

• Repurposed
    Old art, lifted straight from the archives with no current modifications
  • Refurbished
    Previously-viewed art, modified and enhanced for current times
  • Alt Theme
    Past iFriday themes, presented when I have nothing for the current week's theme

Mission Statement

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
-- Andre Gide

Learn More about iFriday

Use this lovely banner:

IF logo

Contact

Hero for Hire

Put this creative services expertise to work for you:

Advertising